I am Princess Umul Hatiyya
aka ‘The Globe Trotting Princess or Marco Polo in skirt’.
In 2007, I set out on an ambitious plan to visit every country in the world. 10 years on, I have been to 67 countries on 5 continents – something I pinch myself about every day. (I still can’t believe it).
When I am not on the road eating unusual foods, stuck on vehicles in the middle of no-where, and hanging out with total strangers, I can be found in Ghana Teaching, Writing, Speaking, planning my next adventure, and feeding my brood. I am a mother of 6 girls, a wife, and a marathoner (well actually pretending to be one).
Since I started travelling, I have
- Bungee jumping over Auckland Harbour Bridge – New Zealand (This adventure has earned me some bragging rights as I am the first Ghanaian to have ever bungee jumped over Auckland Harbour Bridge)
- Scaled the Great Wall of China
- Photographing the super imposing Pyramids of Giza, Saqqara, and Durshur in Egypt
- Visiting the Library of Congress in Washington DC (This is the largest library in the world)
- Climbed the ‘Big Daddy’ Dune in Namibia
- Visited Niagara Falls in Canada
- Attended a Maori concert in Rotorua, New Zealand
- Attended a concert in the Sydney Opera House
- And travelled by road from Ghana to Guinea Bissau.
I am passionate about helping people discover their gifts and pursing them. I am an adventure junkie and also interested in Architecture, Business, Development, Food and anything in between.